Air Conditioner Repair in North Austin
Austin summers can be brutally hot. If your home isn’t cooling down, Service Wizard is here to help! We will send one of our experts to assess and fix whatever the issue may be. Your comfort is our priority – and we’re the AC repair company Austin homeowners have counted on for more than three decades.
Here are a few common signs that you need a repair:
- Warm air while running the AC: This is the most obvious and uncomfortable sign that you most likely need AC repair. Before you give our team a call, double-check that your system is set in its normal, cooling settings. If everything looks normal but the air is coming out warm, give Service Wizard a call. We will check the unit and give you an accurate diagnosis.
- High humidity: We all expect humidity outside during the warm, summer months in Central Texas, but high humidity inside is uncomfortable. If your home is feeling more humid than usual, you might have an issue with your AC unit. One of the main functions of your AC is to help moderate humidity levels. Our team will be able to evaluate the issue with a quick visit and evaluation.
- Loud or unusual noises: It’s totally normal to hear low, quiet noises from your AC unit when you turn it on or shut it off. Loud or sudden noises are not. If you hear this type of noise from your air conditioner, there is likely a bigger issue at hand. Be alert for grinding, rattling or whistling noises, in particular. If you’re hearing anything abnormal, our team will be happy to come out and take a look. It’s better to jump on a problem like this quickly before it becomes more serious.
- Strange smells: If your air conditioner is emitting an unusual or unpleasant odor, you need to contact a reputable AC company to assess the situation before it worsens. Service Wizards experts will get to the bottom of the smell – whether it’s your AC unit needing a tune-up, a cleaning session or something else. Either way, Service Wizard will be able to fix the issue!
- Leakage: Seeing some water on your AC unit is normal. There are a few noticeable signs that there is too much leakage, however. Be on the lookout for standing water, a full condensate pan, water damage near fans or on the floor, or a moldy smell in your home. If you notice these, give Service Wizard a call.
Most Common AC Repairs
At Service Wizard, our team can fix any issue you’re having – but there are few common issues that we fix most often:
- AC refrigerant recharge
- Circuit board replacement: Replace fuses, circuit breakers or relays
- Thermostat replacement
- Refrigerant leak detection and repair
- Capacitor or contactor replacement
- Compressor replacement
- Compressor hard start kit
- Evaporator coil replacement
- Condensing unit fan motor replacement
With the goal to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the Austin summers, our team of experts is only a call away. We service Austin, Georgetown, Round Rock and surrounding areas. Contact Service Wizard to have your AC repair done quickly, efficiently and affordably.